IIPZoom is a fast and lightweight Flash client for IIPImage which is fast and fluid with super-smooth zooming and panning. It’s built using the open source OpenZoom SDK. It requires users to have Flash 9 or greater installed.
The IIPZoom installation package consists of the IIPZoom.swf flash binary and some example HTML to get your started.
IIPZoom can take 5 parameters. The image path is the only mandatory parameter:
- (required) The full absolute system path to the TIFF (or JPEG2000) image. On Windows as on other systems this should be a UNIX style path such as “/path/to/image.tif”. Note that this is an absolute system path and not the path relative to the webserver root
- (optional) The path to the iipsrv server. If this is not set, the default ‘/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi’ is used
- (optional) true or false. Sets whether or not to show a navigation window. True by default
- (optional) information or credit message to be added to the bottom right of the image
- (optional) Start the viewer with an initial view at a particular location and zoom level. Normalized ratios (0-1): left,right,width,height. For example
Here is an example HTML page showing how to cleanly embed the flash object into your page using swfobject: