mod_fcgid with Apache 2.2September 29, 2007 12:00 am Server
IIPImage server is now compatible with Apache 2.2 on Windows via mod_fcgid. This Howto is from Denis’s blog:
This is a small tutorial about how to install IIPImageServer on a Windows machine running Apache 2.2
This tutorial is intended for person with a minimum knowledge of configuration files and with a Windows server
1) Download Apache 2.2.4 from ApacheLounge.com. We want to use version 2.2.4 because mod_fcgid have some problems with the latest (2.2.6) version. A last minute update of today says last version works now, but I still have not tryed.
2) Install Apache 2.2.4 using the simple installer and test it, if everything is ok and you get your first page, it works
3) Now download mod_fcgid (always thanks to ApacheLounge.com) and unzip it on your computer.
4) Copy mod_fcgid.so (file provided by mod_fcgid-2.2-w32.zip) into your apache/modules folder (normally in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\modules) .
5) Install the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (the binary is build with VC 2005 SP1)
– Download and install, if you not done it already, from the original Microsoft website.
6) Open your httpd.conf file (normally in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf) and add that line somewhere at the beginning (close to the similar one):
# Load mod_fcgid
LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so
7) Download IIPImageServer and unzip it in a folder (like C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\fcgi-bin to do things more easier) .
8 ) Open your preferred editor and create a file called httpd-iipimage.conf in the C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\extra directory and cut and paste this content:
# Settings for user home directories
# Required module: mod_fcgid
# Create a directory for the iipsrv binary
ScriptAlias /fcgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/fcgi-bin/"
# Set the options on that directory
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/fcgi-bin">
Allow from all
# Set the module handler
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
# Set our environment variables for the IIP server
DefaultInitEnv VERBOSITY "0"
DefaultInitEnv LOGFILE "c:/windows/temp/IIPImageServer.log"
DefaultInitEnv MAX_IMAGE_CACHE_SIZE "10"
DefaultInitEnv JPEG_QUALITY "50"
DefaultInitEnv MAX_CVT "3000"
# Define the idle timeout as unlimited and the number of processes we want
save and close it.
9) Open (again) your httpd.conf file (normally in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf) and add these lines at the end:
# IIPImageServer configuration directory
10) Here we are! Open your preferred browser and go to http://127.0.0.1/fcgi-bin/IIPImageServer.fcgi
11) Refer to the IIPImage website to set the client and the image format!
Now everything should work, if I’ve not forget something crucial! Send me your comments and I’ll correct the howto.
Enjoy IIPImage and don’t forget that you can contribute to the development with donations or with code!